Creative, ambitious, and enterprising software engineer.
- Mentoring, Agile Methodology
UX Engineer at Google, starting Apr 2020, London
Working on a project related to data security.
(Sr.) Web Engineer at N26, Jan 2018 to Mar 2020, NYC & Berlin
Isomorphic React, GraphQL, & Node.js powering the webapp of a unicorn challenger bank with 5M users.
- Multiplied developer productivity by engineering key abstractions for state and UI concerns
- Led web development of key features
- Reduced errors in prod by 30% via deterministic script loading
- Sped up time-to-first-meaningful-paint by 20% with improved server-side rendering
- Improved time-to-interactive by 1.4s with code splitting
- Doubled font loading speed via range-splitting & preloading
- Mentored junior & mid-level engineers
- Conducted interviews, proactively took charge of team processes
Lead Engineer at Language Academy, Aug 2016 to Dec 2017, Berlin
Statically rendered React for a language learning platform.
- Created and led development of the web platform
- Achieved a 10% visitor to subscriber rate on marketing pages
- Achieved a 63% faster time-to-interactive compared to competitors
- Reduced email automation cost by 82% with open source software
- Co-founded the company, brought it to profitability
Web Developer & Design Researcher at Clue, 2015 to 2016, Berlin
- Rebuilt the support website, increasing page views by +20%
- Built in-app surveys using web technologies
- Prototyped a chatbot in Python
- Created company-wide processes for user research
- Google Developer Expert for Web Technologies, 2019 to 2020
- Google Developer Challenge, Mobile Web Specialist (Scholarship)
- Law at Humboldt University Berlin