Creative, ambitious, and enterprising software engineer. — I strive in teams with strong engineering cultures and meaningful cross-functional collaboration.
Teleportation Engineer at Google, 2020.04 - present, London
Working on a research project enabling meaningful control of data in distributed systems.
Senior Web Engineer at N26, 2018.01 - 2020.03, Berlin & New York City
Isomorphic React, GraphQL, & Node.js powering the webapp of a challenger bank with 5M users.
- Led web development of key features
- Reduced errors in prod by 30% via deterministic script loading
- Sped up time-to-first-meaningful-paint by 20% via improved server-side rendering
- Improved time-to-interactive by 1.4s with code splitting
- Doubled font loading speed via range-splitting & preloading
- Multiplied developer productivity by engineering key abstractions
- Mentored junior & mid-level engineers, conducted interviews, took charge of team processes
Lead Engineer at Language Academy, 2016.08 - 2017.12, Berlin
Build-time rendered React for a language learning platform.
- Created and led development of the web platform
- Accomplished a 10% visitor-to-subscriber rate on marketing pages
- Achieved a 63% faster time-to-interactive than competitors
- Reduced email automation costs by 82% using open source software
- Co-founded the company, brought it to profitability
Web Developer & Design Researcher at Clue, 2015 - 2016, Berlin
- Engineered in-app modals using web technologies
- Prototyped a chatbot in Python
- Rebuilt the support website, increasing page views by +20%
- Created & executed company-wide processes for user research
- Law School at Humboldt University Berlin, 2013 - 2016
- Google Developer Expert for Web Technologies, 2019 - 2020 (after which I joined Google)