Enterprising software engineer with a penchant for small solutions and complex problems. — I strive in teams with strong engineering cultures and meaningful cross-functional collaboration.
Software Engineering at Google, 2020.04 - present, London
Working on a research project enabling meaningful control of data in distributed systems.
Senior Web Engineer at N26, 2018.01 - 2020.03, Berlin & NYC
Isomorphic React, GraphQL, & Node.js powering the webapp of a challenger bank with 5M users.
- Led web development of key features
- Reduced errors in prod by 30% via deterministic script loading
- Sped up time-to-first-meaningful-paint by 20% via improved server-side rendering
- Improved time-to-interactive by 1.4s with code splitting
- Doubled font loading speed via range-splitting & preloading
- Multiplied developer productivity by engineering key abstractions
- Mentored junior & mid-level engineers, conducted interviews, took charge of team processes
Lead Engineer at Language Academy, 2016.08 - 2017.12, Berlin
- Led development of the web platform
- Accomplished a 10% visitor-to-subscriber rate on marketing pages
- Achieved a 63% faster time-to-interactive than competiting platforms
- Reduced email automation costs by 82% using open source software
- Co-founded the company, brought it to profitability
Web Developer & Design Researcher at Clue, 2015 - 2016, Berlin
- Engineered in-app modals using web technologies
- Rebuilt the self-service support website, increasing usage by 20%
- Prototyped a chatbot in Python
- Created & implemented company-wide processes for user research
- Humboldt University Berlin, 2013 - 2016
- Google Developer Expert for Web Technologies, 2019 - 2020
- agnostic-axe: Developer tool that reports accessibility issues to the browser console. (Now maintained by Deque Systems)
- co-commit: A Node.js tool to co-author commits on GitHub when pair programming. Featured on the front page of Product Hunt.